Sunday, April 09, 2006

Boogie Down Productions - The Bridge Is Over

Video #394....
Boogie Down Productions - The Bridge Is Over - 1987
BDP, if there is anyone out there that does not know what these 3 letters mean, you must have been living under a rock for a long time. ;) KRS-One of Boogie Down Productions (Bronx, NY), had beef with MC
Shan and the Juice Crew (Queens, NY). This video I have today is called "The Bridge Is Over" which was released on the "Criminal Minded" album and came out in 1987. I found a pretty good explanation of the BDP/JC war at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_Wars, so check it out.

Enjoy the video!
EDIT:found this Sprite commercial which features MC Shan and KRS-ONE. Enjoy! When you go to the site, click on the play buton and it should play.
Click here to see Sprite Commercial

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is also a good explanation of the KRS and Shan beef on that Beef Vol 1 dvd. I have the video also, but only for nostalgia's sake, since the quality is not so good.


...Cesar

Sunday, April 09, 2006 1:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never knew it was a video for this song

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**All - looks like 'the video crates' is back on and has a new post :) ***

Thursday, April 13, 2006 5:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, thanx for that sprite commecial.
never knew there was such one.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home