DROPPIN' BLOGS
Hey Guys,
The last few days are sad ones for sure. Two of my favorite blogs I go to are closing shop. These sites are Vinyl Addicts and The Video Crates. These two blogs had alot of rare vinyl and videos to share. But it looks apparent that both are closing for the same reason, NO DISCUSSION. These guys built these blogs to share vinyl, videos and especially to discuss hip hop culture and knowledge of the tracks/videos and artists. But it seemed to be that all the files were just being taken without any comments if they liked the track/video or to add some extra info to the great information that was given on these blogs already.
Just to say, that I do feel the same way as these guys and I assure you that I will try to keep up the sharing of my videos. But I do ask for a favor though. I don't have too much knowledge of the culture and want to get into it and not just share the videos. I ask that if you have some info for a certain video of an artist, that you can share that info with me. Maybe I might just ask you to be my info man and write for the blog (because I am in no way as informative as alot of you guys). Just a thought.
Keep it real!
The last few days are sad ones for sure. Two of my favorite blogs I go to are closing shop. These sites are Vinyl Addicts and The Video Crates. These two blogs had alot of rare vinyl and videos to share. But it looks apparent that both are closing for the same reason, NO DISCUSSION. These guys built these blogs to share vinyl, videos and especially to discuss hip hop culture and knowledge of the tracks/videos and artists. But it seemed to be that all the files were just being taken without any comments if they liked the track/video or to add some extra info to the great information that was given on these blogs already.
Just to say, that I do feel the same way as these guys and I assure you that I will try to keep up the sharing of my videos. But I do ask for a favor though. I don't have too much knowledge of the culture and want to get into it and not just share the videos. I ask that if you have some info for a certain video of an artist, that you can share that info with me. Maybe I might just ask you to be my info man and write for the blog (because I am in no way as informative as alot of you guys). Just a thought.
Keep it real!

![Pete Nice & Daddy Rich
Rat Bastard [21.4 MB]](http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/kore321/petenicedaddyrich-ratbastard.jpg)

11 Comments:
will def. add comments and discussions whereever i can. how old are you?
I am 36 years old. I fell out of hip hop for a while and the internet actually helped me get into it again.
I have found this blog lately.
It is very nice and very dope!!
I am a vinyle collecter who likes all hiphop cultures.
I want to take part in discussions in here from now on.
Thank You, MIKE...
I don't mean that we have to have discussions (because I probably don't have too much to add), but a little praise here and then doesn't hurt (not everytime either). :) If there is any information to add to the post, it just makes it better for all, if someone does not know something. Know what I mean?
I understood your thoughts.
But, I have just written a comment on Lakim Shabazz/Need some lovin...I'm Sorry.
Next, I will send a message your post.
hi i'm 33, so yeah, guess we from same era. i was really into hip-hop 1984-1987 then 1989-1994 then dropped off, back in over last couple of years- similarly to you kick started via the internet.
Man, I'm Shocked that Vinyl Addicts is going away. They were big and they started having great interviews too. It is sad.
...I will contribute Mike...I am 32 years old and have been down with the scene since 1983. I stoppped listening to new music circa 2000, but I am picking up some good stuff from then until now. I am an ex-member of the Rock Steady Crew and Zulu Nation, and thus have a little expertise in the area.
Keep it movin, mike.
...Cesar
Damn
After videocrates, also vinyl addicts is going to stop, that means this is the last blog i really like.
You see, I'm only 23 years old so these 3 blogs learned me alot about the old school hiphop.
I listen to hiphop since 97 or something but I really like the style of the late 80's and espacialy the early 90's hiphop.
By checking these vid's I discovered a lot of stuff that I otherwise never would have heard.
But I can't post much comments, cause I know almost nothing myself.
What I really want to say is, keep it up, there are lott of people like me who really apreciate what you do
B.R. (Belgium)
I think this blog has really come into it's own in 2006. It seems to get updated more often than ever these days. Which is even more pivotal now that VA & TVC have shutdown their output.
I'm 33 and could prolly drop a lot more know knowledge than I do, so will try and post more often.
Dont forget:
The Vault
Breaking Atoms
for extra knowlege and videos
peace
Yo, this is O.D. from the Netherlands, 28 spings in my vains..
I found out about this site not to long ago.. Just want to say this is a real tribute to a long past era of dope music, and i feel honoured to be able to see these clips, many of whoom i never saw before...
Thanks..
Post a Comment
<< Home